Bernie talks the talk, but votes for war
Bernie does talk the talk about economic equity, but endorses and votes for unprovoked corporate-American wars about extraction, exploitation and extortion.
His surrender to unending and expanding wars which have bankrupted the nation while dying oceans are rising… is not O.K. War has not been working out real well.
“Sanders supported Bill Clinton’s war on Serbia, voted for the 2001 Authorization Unilateral Military Force Against Terrorists (AUMF), which pretty much allowed Bush to wage war wherever he wanted, backed Obama’s Libyan debacle and supports an expanded US role in the Syrian Civil War.
More problematic for the Senator in Birkenstocks is the little-known fact that Bernie Sanders himself voted twice in support of regime change in Iraq. In 1998 Sanders voted in favor of the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, which said: “It should be the policy of the United States to support efforts to remove the regime headed by Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq and to promote the emergence of a democratic government to replace that regime.”
Let Bernie’s record speak for itself:
1) Sanders unequivocally supports Israel and has supported Israel’s aggression against Palestine- Sanders supports full US military support of Israel;
2) Sanders supports an increase in Saudi Arabia’s attacks on Yemen and supports American participation and funding for the war on Yemen
3) Sanders supports the US Military Industrial Complex;
4) Sanders supported US attacks on Kosovo; Sanders argued passionately in favor of Bill Clinton’s “humanitarian” intervention which resulted in 78 straight days of bombing Yugoslavia and cost the lives of countless innocent civilians;
5) Sanders supports US attacks on ISIS and the entire narrative;
6) Sanders backed the buildup in the Persian Gulf during GHWB Gulf War;
7) Sanders supported sanctions in Iraq even as the Iraqi body count passed 1.5 million;
8) Sanders supported Bill Clinton when he sent military units to Kuwait and Saudi Arabia in October, 1994- Bernie supported this because “we cannot tolerate aggression.”
9) He supported US intervention in Somalia, Haiti, Bosnia, Liberia, Zaire (Congo), Albania, Sudan, Afghanistan and Yugoslavia;
10) Sanders has voted for appropriations bills to fund the occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan
The congressional record indicates that Bernie votes for war:
“Even Hillary belatedly admitted that her Iraq war vote was a mistake. Bernie, however, has never apologized for his two votes endorsing the overthrow of Saddam”.
Perhaps the best way to vote for peace is to vote for candidates who do not support wars for corporate profit.
“You’ve got to learn to leave the table When love’s no longer being served”
The Green Party for Peace, People and Planet… just swept Europe and is active and growing in more than 100 nations and in cities across America.
The corporate war parties, shrinking, are active in one country.
The Real Green Party New Deal is about Peace, People and a healing Planet With the Green Party all ships can rise.